Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Blog.

This blog turns 2 today.

I don't know why I remember it. It has come to a point where I don't recall special occasions, forget where I went last weekend but a week ago, I suddenly looked at J and said, "My blog is turning 2 soon!"

I started this blog because I hadn't written for a long time. In the teenage years, I wrote a lot - poems, lyrics, short stories full of angst and heartache. After I met J and things got better, I haven't found the time nor inspiration to fill up a page. Between then and 2 years ago, I had the dreaded Writer's Block. Whether or not this writer's block was self-inflicted, even I don't know. So let's just leave it as that.

Occasionally, I'd find wonderful material to explore, maybe into a book or similar. However, my attention span was too short, or I was too impatient. Many stories were left half-written, stored somewhere in a notepad. Until C noticed my restlessness and asked me why I didn't have an online journal. I couldn't answer her. Blogging must have been the most blatant answer there was.

I used to blog everyday, whether I had a lot to say or not. When I had nothing amusing to tell or no useless person to bitch about, I still went ahead and posted random stuff. All that changed after I found a job.

A job + J + Maple Story = No Time.

I gave up blogging for my Other Commitments. I do think about blogging all the time, I just never got around to actually posting stuff. And what about the reading? I love reading blogs just as much as I love blogging. You'll never know how many friends you'll make just by visiting someone's blog. It's a cold world out there, but nothing beats receiving a virtual hug from a faceless friend who won't judge you.


So here's the 'token' post I owe my blog on its birthday. I hope I'll remember next year.



Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:10:00 am | | |