Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Definition

“I love you.”

These three words, forbidden and precious, were once whispered into my ears. To those little seeds of passionate emotions, these words were like spring water, nourishing and life-giving. I blossomed under those words, drenched in the liquid fervour that comes with every ardent enthusiasm. I often pondered over the meaning of those words; where does the intensity of its definition lie, in the spoken or in the perceived?

I was, in a previous life, prudent with these words, even though I demanded that the bearer of those same words be regular with its utterance. Did it lead to my downfall, to be all-receiving and non-giving? Now I live a renewed existence, enveloped in the buoyancy of supple tenderness, occasionally brought down to earth by thorns puncturing my skin, awakening all senses, in every sense of the word. I give and give generously, and receive and receive accordingly. Because I deserve so.

But these words, these very delicately personal declarations of my adoration, were taken away from me. They were no longer mine. Haunted by my carelessness, I pondered again, the meaning of those words: where does the intensity of its definition lie, in the truths or in the lies?



Labels:

smudgi3 @ 5:35:00 pm | | |