Saturday, June 17, 2006

Please forgive my inactivity.

I almost forgot blogging was my favourite de-stress method. Until I got provoked, that is. It's one of those moments when you want to comment nicely but you can't for fear of starting a bitchfight, so you wish you were home in front of the pc where you can comment not-so-nicely and get away with it.

I was having lunch with an acquaintance, when he complimented me on my extraordinary organising(organisational?) skills. Or I thought it was a compliment. He went on to say that, people who are very organised have no artistic talents. It's a package, he says. I had a smile frozen on my face , while he went on explaining his theory and trying to give some really biased empirical data (yes, he's in the creative field). But I only had a smile to start with because I was imagining myself smashing my fist into his face so that his glasses are permanently installed on his nose, then grabbing him by his puny balls and flinging him across the room - with his balls still writhing in my hands.

I don't know Leonardo da Vinci very well, but I'm pretty sure he would roll in his grave if he heard that.

Anyway. So this is what it's like to have a 'life'. Clocking the required hours, maybe more, dealing with ugly characters in this society, spending time with the BF, then passing out on the bed within seconds of head-to-pillow contact. Lots of things have happened lately, but my mind is still out of sorts. I want so much to put them all down in words, because that's the only way I can get them out of my system. It's as if all my thoughts are swirling around in my brain mixing with one another, affecting my functioning.

I guess this is what it means to be having a life, but not being able to live it.


Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:50:00 pm | | |