Tuesday, May 30, 2006

From papercuts to cuts from the knife

Sorry about the resolution



This morning, during the last half hour of my paper, my stomach started growling really loudly. Luckily for me, the people around me were too engrossed in their essays to notice. I thought about what I was going to have at dinner (it was 1230pm) and the thought of it simply turned me off. I've been having packed dinners for the past few days that I'm home. By the time my parents put the styrofoam boxes in front of me at 815pm, I'm already past my hunger. Looking at the grease and tasting it cold... trust me, Anthony Bourdain would faint.

But I,
Nigella Lawson (my goddess!) wannabe, am not one to succumb to laziness. I've decided to eat light from now on, and cook as much as I can. Nothing beats a bowl of white japanese rice, sprinked with sour plum powder, coupled with tangy pickled daikon and a bowl of miso soup. That was on my mind all the way home from the new SG Expo Hall 7 where my exam was held. Worried that I might get hungry at night, I added some Saba Teriyaki to fill my stomach.

2 bowls of rice later, I was happy and didn't feel like the bloated whale like I did the past few days. Reading Donna Hay magazines and watching Nigella on tv gives me a lot of inspirations. I love giving parties and organising gatherings. Unfortunately, I'm born in the wrong house, the wrong country, and possibly, the wrong era. That's just too bad. Until I get my own pad, I'll just continue worshipping my goddess on tv and fantasizing about lovely parties.


Labels:

smudgi3 @ 9:17:00 pm | | |