Thursday, September 29, 2005

Like Casper.

There's something strangely mesmerising about the Corpse Bride.

Bascially, I like Goth. I like brides. And I like Johnny Depp. That's why I spent $8 on the movie. But I like it. At first, it took me a while to get used to the kind of animation used by Warner Bros this time. We're so used to the beautiful and seamless fluid movements of Toy Story and Robots, that seeing the stiff and somewhat backword choreography of Corpse Bride, I was at first mildly appalled. About 15 minutes later though, the initial hesitation became full-blown admiration.

They had the whole Goth thing going on, you know, the purples, the blacks, the dirty lace... not the usual catchy colours that would appeal to kids, so I'm almost pretty sure I didn't see any kids in the cinema.

However, the movie was only an hour and twenty minutes long (which J was pretty miffed about). "This kind of show can wait til the DVD come out", said J. Aiyah up to you la. Now that you know.


Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:42:00 pm | | |