Thursday, September 22, 2005

A whole new world

J can now look at me with new eyes.

I don't know if that's a good thing. All my flaws, blemishes and well-hidden tummy would be even more obvious now. And I can't hide it by taking out J's glasses anymore.

Of course I'm happy for J. It's a real life changing experience. These few days spent at the Eye Centre, I see the faces of the many people who went for the op before and after. You can feel their excitement and amazement. Sometimes I wonder where these people get all the money from, and wouldn't they rather spend it on something else? But I guess perfect eyesight is as precious as double eyelids and thick eyelashes for me (non existent).

Like all things on Earth, there's always a sadistic balance to life and death. While J's gaining perfect eyesight, I'm losing my eyelashes. 5 on the first day, then 1 everyday since. I keep wondering if my right eye had some trauma that I'm unaware of. I searched the net for some answers but to no avail. I'm so worried. Would it be really pointless and superficial if I went to the doctor because of falling eyelashes?


Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:28:00 pm | | |