Thursday, July 19, 2007

The End Is Near...

I dreamt that Snape got killed while trying to protect Harry in Deathly Hallows. Yeah, exactly. Two days before the launch and I get visions. Professor Trelawney would be proud.

I think I've read Book 1 - 6 at least twice over. The reason why I'm so addicted to the books is NOT because I have a crush on Harry Potter. In fact, I can't stand him. However, I love Rowling's use of 'Chekhov's Gun', a literary technique commonly known as foreshadowing. Simply put, foreshadowing is where an element is introduced early in the story, but whose significance does not become clear until later on. For example, a character may find a mysterious object that eventually becomes crucial to the plot, but at the time of finding the object does not seem to be important. In all cases, the introduced element is so conspicuous that it raises unanswered questions for the reader or audience. These questions are then answered as the story continues. (wiki)

Because I hate overlooking the details and I love speculating, I find myself reading chapters over and over again just to make sure I got everything right. Sometimes when I read soemthing fishy in a certain Book, I'd run and refer to the previous Books just to clarify my doubts.

Ask me anything (intelligent) about Harry Potter, and I'll be damned sure I can answer it almost as well as any of those members of Mugglenet. I wish I was that enthusiastic about my exams.



"If in Act I you have a pistol hanging on the wall, then it must fire in the last act". - Anton Chekhov

Labels:

smudgi3 @ 1:05:00 pm | | |