Thursday, October 20, 2005

No title. Just this.

A cab driver once told me that SG has about 4000 roads. And everyday, LTA closes some roads and opens others. Is that how SG stays relevant, efficient and young?

If only that can be applied to Life. Of course, if I were born with a diamond-encrusted spoon in my mouth, I wouldn't be complaining. Hell, maybe I wouldn't even be blogging. (Blogging? Is that the new Botox treatment?) While this country gets younger and younger, the rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer. Why?

If my most important wish in life is to not have to worry about money, what would a rich person's utmost wish be? Health, Love, Happiness? Can they ever be mutually exclusive? Anyone who says that the most important things in life are immaterial are either deceiving themselves or incredibly naive.

What brought on this sudden soliloquy? I've slipped into this mode where I see all things as a third person, and this person is extremely cynical, directionless and depressed. My head starts filling with unconnected thoughts and I go all quiet and thoughful. The nights, the period when the body is still and the muscles are relaxed, are extremely difficult. Sleep is elusive. It's been a long time since I've been like this.


Or maybe this has been the real me all along.


Labels: ,

smudgi3 @ 11:46:00 pm | | |