Thursday, October 27, 2005

If someone took everything you live for...

... How far would you go to get it back?

*Warning! Possible spoilers ahead. (But I won't reveal much)

Please go watch Flight Plan.

This has got to be one of the rare times I stepped into the theatre not knowing what to expect. Usually, before I watch a movie, I'd watch the trailers enough times and made sure the reviews were good. This time, other than the gigantic posters with Jodie Foster's deep blue eyes, all I needed was J's enthusiasm to persuade me to part with my money. Was I glad I did.

The morale of the story : I'll never look at an aeroplane the same way again. And that my brother who studies plane design could be a potential hijacker. This movie also explores many issues like terrorism, prejudice and humanity. I marvel at the director's cunning, the way he used misdirection to confuse our thought process, the way I thought only books could achieve.

Flight Plan is similar to Panic Room in many many ways, as you will see when you watch the movie. But I'm not complaining. I loved Panic Room. And the last thing I want now is to ever watch Jodie Foster in a rom-com. I think after Silence of the Lambs, she has become sort of type-cast in such roles. If I'm the expert on conspiracy, paranoia and claustrophobia, then she's gotta be the Queen.


Side note : The Davinci Code will be out May 2006 (why so long!) Starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou.




Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:52:00 pm | | |