Friday, September 16, 2005

Are you one of those?

I'm mildly disgusted by the youths of today. I think they're an inconsiderate bunch. I don't know who I should blame - their parents? their educators? the government? But then again, I'm sure these suspects never taught those kids to leave their handphones switched on even when a reminder advertisement flashed across the giant screen everytime a movie was to start.

I'm also sure the kids were never taught to prop their feet up on the back of the seats in front of them and slid their bodies all the way down on the seat. Making themselves at home, huh? Everytime they laugh, or cough or shift their feet they cause the person sitting in front of them to experience simulator-like effects, all that banging and vibrating. If I want a thrill ride I would go to Disneyland, thank you very much. Maybe HK Disneyland should hire these aimless youths. I'm sure people would be willing to pay more than $8 for a thrill ride with effects if they were expecting it.

I could have done what the guy next to me did. He turned around with a stare and a very audible "Do you mind" for the girl behind him. I doubt she stopped the banging though, because I saw him shift uncomfortably throughout the show. I was in too much of a good mood to do much, and I was too busy following the busy storyline of The Brother's Grimm. So I turned around to stare at my own simulator creator only 4 times. I was ignored.

At the end of the movie, I wanted to turn around to thank the guy behind me for the effects but all I got was a defiant stare. I saw the young chap (younger than me, that is, 20 plus) leave with a middle-aged man with a receding hairline. I returned his stare with a raised eyebrow and a "I-feel-sorry-for-you" halfsmile. And no, he's not the father.

See now I'm getting personal. Are you one of those hip, educated, self-serving youths? Shame on you.


Labels:

smudgi3 @ 11:54:00 pm | | |