Thursday, June 02, 2005

わたしわ日本人でわありません Watashi wa Nihonjin dewa arimasen

It's been a long time since J and I spent the day together outdoors (and by outdoors I mean shopping in town). So yesterday was really really enjoyable. I enjoy spending money, even though at the end of the day, I realised that the big bags we struggled to carry contained nothing for myself. Oh well, another time.

I love Japanese food. It's a blessing that both my family and my closest friends enjoy it as much as I do. My family frequents Sakae (pronounced Sah-Kah-Eh, not Sah-Keh) Restaurant and a Chanko Restaurant at Bugis. The last few times C and I went out we ate at Sakae. The last time E and I went out we ate at Genki Sushi. Then yesterday and the day before, J and I ate at Japanese restaurants... endless! I might as well have been living in Japan.

What made yesterday almost perfect was the meal that we had at Sushi Tei (Paragon, the decor is simply gorgy!). J had Curry Udon, while I had Yakiniku Don. Then I decided to splurge on Miso Mayo Scallops .... how do I describe the feeling? *imitates the hosts on Japan Hour 美味しい!すごい!ほにとょうに美味しい!幸せ! "Oishii!!!! Sugoi! Hontou ni oishii! Shiawase!!" J had taken a picture of me putting the entire thing in my mouth. I realised just now that it looks kinda obscene, so sorry! No picture of me putting huge spongy thing oozing white stuff into my mouth.




slurping kare udon<>



delicious hotate miso mayo






smudgi3 @ 2:40:00 pm | | |