Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hungover

I don't drink coffee. I'm not a caffeine-fix type of person. But I know coffee has a definite effect on me. Even a frappe from Starbucks will keep me awake all night.

That's why I drank a huge mug of coffee last night (around midnight), hoping to stay awake to finish studying. And stay awake I did. I became irritable, and doing all those long and tedious mathematical problems became such a chore. But I persevered til around 3am, because I saw how much trouble my dad was trying to watch soccer on mute. So I went to bed.

My eyes were so tired from all that reading, so when I closed my eyes, I expected to drift to sleep easily. But my mind was wide awake. It was as if my eyes and my brain were having a fight... and my mind won eventually. I finally slept when my bro woke up for school, that's around 5am.

When I got up at 8 in the morning, my eyes were puffy, and my head was spinning. As I rolled off the bed, the first thing I felt was the entire contents of my stomach trying to force its way out. I ran to the bathroom (stumbling because I was still sleepy and my limbs don't wake up the same time as I do) back thankfully nothing came out. Breaking out in cold sweat, I sat down on my sofa and realised that my hands were shaky, my lips were dry and my vision was blurred.

Feeling like a retard, I went to prepare to leave the house for my paper. I felt jittery the whole day, got emotional over stupid things that didn't go the way they were supposed to, while my hands still shook, my lips still felt chapped, and I still felt pukey.

Yes, I was hungover on coffee.


smudgi3 @ 11:33:00 pm | | |