Friday, May 23, 2008

Little Caramel

I was at the coffeeshop at the corner of the street where my office is, minding my own business and buying my morning tea, when suddenly, I heard a distinctive meow coming from under one of the tables by the road. A caramel kitten was pawing at the guy's feet, and he was unceremoniously pushing the kitten away with his foot.

I
turned away, trying to ignore what I was seeing. Then from the corner of my eye, I saw one of the stallholders moving towards the kitten with a plastic bag in his hand. Suspecting the worst but not wanting to react too soon, I waited silently from where I stood. I couldn't see what the man was doing, but when he finally walked off, his plastic bag was empty. The cat must have run off in fright. Then it occurred to me that we were by the side of the road, where there were many cars parked.

I ran to the nearest car, which was just about to drive off, and banged loudly on the door to alert the driver. He looked at me in horror but I didn't have time to be politically correct. I looked down, and there the kitten was, hiding in front of one of the wheels. I coaxed the kitten out from its hiding place, which took forever, and carried it against my chest. I then retrieved my tea and walked off with the meowing kitten back to my office, aware that there were at least ten pairs of eyes boring down my back.

Little Caramel is probably between five to seven weeks old, sex undetermined as yet, has a stubby tail, and has a very distinctive meow. Email me immediately if you'd like to bring Baby home. It's the most adorable thing and I'd really hate to bring it to the SPCA. Take this as a very earnest plea.





Labels: ,

smudgi3 @ 11:38:00 pm | | |