Friday, May 02, 2008

Chasing Rainbows

"Hey! Look behind you!"

I was concentrating on looking intense while sitting by my desk at work on a pointless post-May Day friday when my colleague shrieked from her desk behind me. I spun around on my chair and saw, to my astonishment, a tiny little rainbow on the concrete floor at my feet. As the seconds passed, it moved across the floor and grew bigger and brighter. All of us looked toward the chandelier on the ceiling at the door that had cast this wonderful gift by my feet.

"Quick! Go lie on the floor and be blessed by the rainbow!" my boss shrieked, never one to be left out. While I didn't do that, I whipped out my phone quickly and snapped this photo for posterity.

And then, in lieu of all the bad dreams and dark hauntings I've been having recently, I made a tiny little wish…




Labels: ,

smudgi3 @ 10:46:00 pm | | |