Thursday, December 09, 2004

Me, Nigella Lawson

If I were to become a homemaker I want to be exactly like her. Curvaceous, vivacious... Delicious! Speaking of delicious, I've finally managed to make one of my fave Japanese desserts at home. Yes, make. Meaning, I made it myself. From scratch. I don't understand why it is so hard for people to believe that I can cook. Do I not look like a housewife?! No? Thank God.

1 2/3 cup shiratama-ko (glutinous rice flour)
1/2 - 2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cup anko (sweet azuki beans)


Put shiratama-ko in a bowl. Add water slowly and knead until the dough becomes as soft as earlobes. Make small round-shaped dumplings. Boil water in a large pan and add the dumplings. Boil the dumplings until they float. Remove the dumplings and cool in cold water. Drain the water and serve dumplings in individual pretty plates and put anko on the top. Serve with ice cream. Yummy!

Now that I know how to make it, I'm sooooo not gonna spend $6 plus 15% tax on it at Japanese restaurants anymore. Which means I can spend more of that money on other delicacies. Like sashimi. How can anyone love Japan and not love sashimi?

Am I starting to sound like a greedy pig?



smudgi3 @ 11:57:00 pm | | |