Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Here's the hatchet, do you bury it?

Must forgiven = forgotten? I won't relate the times I've been adviced to forgive and forget. And each time I maintained that though I may forgive, I may not necessarily forget. Reversely, while I may have forgotten, it doesn't mean that I have forgiven. Why was the english word 'grudge' invented if not for the use of the word?
 
If your partner two-timed you, and you decide to take him/her back, do you forget it ever happened? If a childhood friend betrayed you once upon a time and then disappeared - you may not even recall the year - do you forgive his/her actions? If you say yes to both, bless you, for you have the heart of an angel. Otherwise, you better have yourself checked for amnesia.
 
I won't go as far as to say I bear deep grudges all the time. Let's just avoid discussing the grey area which include small, petty matters in which it is easy to forgive and then forget, or forget and then forgive. I'm talking about major, heartbreaking, name-calling, furniture-throwing, tonsil-stretching events here. Maybe I don't have an advanced emotional system that caches my feelings into b drive (brain) or h drive (heart) or Recycle Bin.
 
Time is the mediating factor here.
 
Incidents that I chose to forgive obviously mattered alot to me, and were central to my very existence. That, is my explanation for having engraved them on my life-giving organ. Time may have healed all the pain, but it doesn't erase the memory. Incidents that I chose not to forgive obviously tugged at my revengeful and childish nerve. Many other factors could have prevented the matters from being resolved, for example, having an unapologetic bitch of an opponent, or the sudden disappearance of a player in the 'event'. But I move on, maybe I'll harp on it for a month or two, but I move on. Time casts a blanket over unresolved matters, but nothing can deny the skeletons hiding underneath.
 
So J, though I like to bring up the past, it only means that you matter to me. Neither would I mind if you retaliate by telling everyone how I wronged you before. It goes to show that I mean alot to you. About those matters where we're both standing at the same side (re : cars, best friends, girlfriends), don't tell me to forget the grievous bodily harm inflicted on me, for nothing hurts me more than a punctured pride. I guess I'm alright with M now, for her only fault is in being weak. A is another matter. Not only does it stand for ArchEnemy, I've thrown down my gauntlet and shall never retrieve it. I look forward to the day of her demise. 
 



Labels:

smudgi3 @ 12:40:00 pm | | |