Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What are the odds?

A little over a year ago, I was going down an escalator inside Cityhall Station when I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned around, I saw a face that was vaguely familiar. Without waiting for my reaction, the guy smiled and said, "Excuse me, you look very familiar. Are you from NTU?" I said 'No' suspiciously, because I suddenly remembered why I found him familiar. He continued, "Anyway, what do you do then?" I said I was in an ID firm, and his eyes lit up, thinking that I said IT.

"Oh! I'm in IT too! Which company are you from?"
"No, I'm in ID. Interior Design. Not IT."

This went on for awhile. Yes, the escalator is taking a long time. When we finally got to the bottom of the never-ending moving stairs, I prayed and prayed for the train to come quickly so that I could avoid what I knew was gonna happen.

"So, is there any way I can keep in contact with you? Your number? MSN?"
"No. And my train is finally here. Haha. Bye."

I realized why I thought I have seen him before. He looked like one of those generic guys in (last decade's) Friendster who adds only girls to their Friend's List. You know what I mean? Those who go, "Hi, you look like a nice lady. Care to be friends?"

So last night, I was walking out of Raffles City when I saw a shadow behind me from the corner of my eye. Thinking it was someone I knew (and out of caution), I removed my earphones and turned to face him.

"Excuse me, you look very familiar. Are you from NTU?"

Deja vu.

"No."
"Oh, then where are you from?"

Oh maaaaaaaan. Speaking very slowly, I told him I was working in a hotel, just so he wouldn't remember me. And when he asked for my contact, I told him I was in a hurry and would he mind? Then I walked off briskly towards the traffic light which was again, taking forever to turn green.

Jeez. I wonder what it must be like to pick up the same girl twice, and be rejected the same way twice... Without even knowing it. And I can bet my sexy ass that he has done this to the many many women who pass by Cityhall everyday.




Labels:

smudgi3 @ 2:43:00 pm | | |