Monday, August 20, 2007

The Elephant Dances.

Last week, while we were at Kinokuniya, I weighed two books in my hand, a habit I have cultivated when I am spoilt for choice. Dance Dance Dance or The Elephant Vanishes, I had to make a decision. In the heat of the moment, I chose the thicker one and made a dash for the cashier before I changed my mind.

Only to come home and realise that I had already read Dance Dance Dance way earlier. Bummer. Well anyway, two more books and I can declare myself an ardent HM fan.

I just learnt that Murakami's first two books, though translated, are not being widely distributed worldwide. So I hope I get lucky on my next Tokyo trip. =D

Fiction:
Afterdark
Kafka on the Shore
Sputnik Sweetheart
The Wind-up Bird Chronicle
Dance, Dance, Dance
South of the border, West of the sun
Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Norwegian Wood
A Wild Sheep Chase
Pinball 1973
Hear the wind sing


Stories and Non-fiction:
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman
after the quake

Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche
The Elephant Vanishes

Others:
Birthday Stories: Selected and Introduced by Haruki Murakami
Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words



Labels: ,

smudgi3 @ 7:24:00 pm | | |