Monday, August 29, 2005

Trapped By Blind Faith

I found this Joke of the Day on an online magazine :

Trapped On A Rock

There was a man stranded on nothing but a rock in the middle of the sea, waiting for someone to come. Then along came a boat.

The man on the boat asked, "Do you want any help?" The man on the rock replied, "No, the Lord will save me." So the man on the boat went away. Then a helicopter came and asked him the same, "Do you want any help?" Again, the man replied, "No, the Lord will save me." Then along came another man on a boat who also asked, "Do you want any help?" A third time, the man responded, "No, the Lord will save me."

By this time the man was up to his neck in water and before long, he drowned. He arrived at the Holy Gates and asked St. Peter, "Why didn't the Lord save me?"

St. Peter said, "He sent you two boats and a helicopter -- what more do you want?!?"


I did not find this funny at all. In fact, I think it would serve its purpose very well in a sermon.

Labels:

smudgi3 @ 1:15:00 pm | | |