Friday, November 19, 2004

Toxic D

I think I've found a cure for insomnia. Let's call it Toxic D.

I discovered it a few months back when I was down with flu and my mum prescribed me a cough syrup from a clinic my aunt used to work at. "It's very good" she said. If she only knew. Usually, cough mixtures do cause a little drowsiness, but this one knocked me out flat in half an hour. The next time I woke up was 10 hours later. So you can imagine that the next few days I was bedridden with only a few waking moments in between.


So it's good in a sense but it gave me hallucinations. Whenever I closed my eyes I felt like the four walls in my room were closing in on me or that everything in my room had suddenly grown incredibly and were gonna topple on me any minute. This I suffer in silence until I fell groggily asleep. Oh yeah, did I mention that Toxic D is addictive?

So now that my sore throat has developed into a cough, I decided that it's time to take out Toxic D again. I have six bottles of it sitting sinisterly in my refrigerator shelf. I was a little apprehensive at first, until the phlegm choking up my trachea is too much to bear. Phlegm or claustrophobia? I think the choice is easy.

It works everytime. 10 hours on the first night, 12 hours on the second. Warning though : Only take it if you have lots of free time the next day. It works so well, when I woke up in the middle of the night to pee, I swear Gravity was aiming for my forehead. And now... is the keyboard floating up to my face... or... is my head... getting...heav.........casire7ty8bw ahvnbfk



smudgi3 @ 11:57:00 pm | | |